Thursday, June 16, 2011

Look Who Learned How To Use a Smart Board! Statistical Tests


I have to admit that I am an old dog that doesn't like learning new tricks and I have always been suspicious of new technology. That said, my first experience using the Smart Board seemed like a great success.

I will attach the notes from today's lecture below. I hope that my elementary school teachers never see these slides because they would be horrified at the quality of my penmanship and spelling.

http://www.slideshare.net/MarkMcGinley/lecture-statistical-tests

Chapter 4. Comparing Means

Expected Learning Outcomes

By the end of this course a fully engaged student should be able to

1) determine when you need to use a t-test to help you test your hypothesis

2) determine which type of t-ttest you should use (i.e., one-tailed vs two-tailed test, paired vs unpaired test)

3) use Excel to perform a t-test on the computer

4) use the output of the statistical tests to correctly draw conclusions

No comments:

Post a Comment